Main Article Content
Benzothiazole, DFT, B3LYP, Thiourea, Triethylamine,
The compound 2-[4-amino-2-(4-methylphenylamino) thiazol-5-oyl]benzothiazole (AMPATOB) was prepared from 1-(4-methylphenyl)-3-(N-nitroamidino)thiourea and 2-(2-bromoacetyl)benzothiazole in the presence of triethylamine and characterised by FTIR, NMR and mass spectra. The geometry of the molecule was investigated and optimized with the help of B3LYP/ 6-31G density functional theory (DFT) method using Gaussian 09 software package.
The calculated geometries such as bond lengths, bond angles, dihedral angles, atomic charges, harmonic vibrational wave numbers and intensities of vibrational bonds of the titled compound were investigated. The experimental 1H NMR and IR spectrum was compared with theoretical value. The molecule consists of three ring systems, all are lying in one plane.
2. S. Aiello, G. Wells, E. L. Stone, H. Kadri, R. Bazzi, D. R. Bell, M.F.G. Stevens, C.S. Mathews, T.D. Bradshaw, A.D. Westwel, J. Med. Chem. 51, 2008, 5135.
3. I.R. Ager, A.C. Barnes, G.W. Danswan, P.W. Hairsine, D.P. Kay, P.D. Kennewell, S.S. Matharu, P. Miller, P. Robson, D.A. Rowlands, W.R. Telly, J. Westwood, J. Med. Chem. 31,1988, 1098-1115.
4. P. Venkatesh, S.N. Pandeya, Int J Chem Tech Res. 1(4), 2009,1354.
5. J. Surin, Southeast Asian J. Trop. Med. Public Health 26(1), 1995, 128-134.
6. G. R. Shendarkar, L. B. Labhsetwar, S. R. Butle, S. S. Karki, R. M Sharmu, S.V. Kuberkar, Int J Res in Pharma and Biomed Sci. 2, 2011, 1350.
7. V. Sareen, V. Khatri, P. Jain, K. Sharma, Indian J Chem. 45B, 2006, 1288.
8. S. Mikulasek, Z. Odlerova, V. Sutoris, A. Perjessy, E. Solcaniova, Chem Zvesti, 32, 1978, 691.
9. P. H. Kalina, D. J. Shetlar, R.A. Lewis, L. J. Kullerstrand, R. F. Brubaker, Opthalmology 95, 1988, 772-777.
10. H. Kuntal, L.V.G. Nargund, P. Rashmi, S.C. Narendra, Der Chemica Sinica. 2, 2011149.
11. T. Funda, D. Murat, D. Seref, Indian Journal of Chemistry 53B, 2014, 102.
12. A. Hakan, A. Oztekin, Int J Mol Sci. 8, 2007, 760.
13. V. Sathyanarayanmoorthi, R. Karunathan, V. Kannappan, Journal of Chemistry 2013, ID 258519, 1.
14. V.S. Patil, V.S. Padalkar, A.B. Tathe, V.D. Gupta, N. Sekar, J Fluores. 2013, 2315, 1019.
15. S. N. Sawhney, S.S. Singh, Indian J. Chem. 8, 1970, 882.
16. R.F. Hunter, bJ Chem Soc. 1925, 2270.