Purpose: This article is devoted to the analysis of characteristics of national interests’ institutionalization in the North American tradition, namely the evolution of their legal consolidation and the practice of implementation in modern conditions.
Methodology: The methodological basis of the present research is based on the application of various general scientific methods of scientific knowledge (analysis, synthesis, deduction, induction, system-structural, formal-logical approaches), as well as particular scientific methods, i.e. historical-legal, formal-legal, comparative-legal, and interpretative.
Result: The characteristics of the North American approach to the issues of strategic planning and the development of program documents in the field of ensuring national interests are established, systematized, and characterized by the content of US National Security Strategies of past decades, in terms of securing national interests in them and areas of their implementation.
Applications: This research can be used for universities and students in history.
Novelty/Originality: In this research, the model of national interests institutionalization in the North American tradition is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
- Beard C. A. (1934). The Idea of National Interest: An Analytical Study in American Foreign Policy. New York: Macmillan, 1934.
- Chacón, J. A., Cavieres-Fernández, E., & Campos, J. G. (2018). El compromiso estudiantil ciudadano y su vínculo con el éxito educativo en la educación superior. Opción, 34(86), 393-422.
- Emam, S. S., & Shajari, H. (2013). RECOGNITION AND ANALYSIS OF EFFECTIVE FACTORS ON INVESTORS'DECISION MAKING IN STOCK EXCHANGE OF TEHRAN, UCT Journal of Management and Accounting Studies, 1(1): 14-21.
- Guzmán, S. A., Fóster, P. F., Ramírez-Correa, P., Grandón, E. E., & Alfaro-Perez, J. (2018). Information Systems and their Effect on Organizational Performance: An Inquiry into Job Satisfaction and Commitment in Higher Education Institutions. Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 3(4), 26. https://doi.org/10.20897/jisem/3937
- Jenaabadi, H., & Shad, E. M. (2013). Study of Attitude Of Middle School Students Toward Schools Counselors' Efficacy In Helping Them To Solve Their Study, Job Personal And Family Problems, UCT Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 1(1): 22-24.
- Luo, C., Li, M., Peng, P., & Fan, S. (2018). How Does Internet Finance Influence the Interest Rate? Evidence from Chinese Financial Markets. Dutch Journal of Finance and Management, 2(1), 01. https://doi.org/10.20897/djfm/89590
- Mann A. (1973). Immigrants in American Life // Selected Readings. Boston: Houghton Miffin, 1973. P. 172.
- Morgenthau H. (1951). In Defense of the National Interest: A Critical Examination of American Foreign Policy. New York: Knopf, 1951. P. 241-242.
- Olesova, A. P., & Borisova, U. S. (2016). Formation of Professional-communicative Competence of the Future Teachers in the Conditions of the Yakut-Russian Bilingualism. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 11(10), 3435-3445.
- Rosenau J. (1968). National Interest/ International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences. N.Y., 1968. Vol. XI. Р. 37.
- Zhukova Natalya A., Kichalyuk Ol'ga N., Lesnikov Gennadij Yu., Tabolin Vladimir V., Thabisimov Husen A. (2018). Techno legal problems of ensuring international and national security // Helix. 2018. Vol. 8(4): 3508- 3510. https://doi.org/10.29042/2018-3508-3510
- Meyer, J. W., & Jepperson, R. L. (2000). The ‘actors’ of modern society: The cultural construction of social agency. Sociological theory, 18(1), 100-120. https://doi.org/10.1111/0735-2751.00090
- Mann, M. (1999). The dark side of democracy: the modern tradition of ethnic and political cleansing. New Left Review, 18-45.
- Ramirez, F. O., & Boli, J. (1987). The political construction of mass schooling: European origins and worldwide institutionalization. Sociology of education, 2-17. https://doi.org/10.2307/2112615
- Kellert, S. R., Mehta, J. N., Ebbin, S. A., & Lichtenfeld, L. L. (2000). Community natural resource management: promise, rhetoric, and reality. Society & Natural Resources, 13(8), 705-715. https://doi.org/10.1080/089419200750035575
- Gilroy, P. (1993). The black Atlantic: Modernity and double consciousness. Verso.
- Stoler, A. L. (2001). Tense and tender ties: The politics of comparison in North American history and (post) colonial studies. The Journal of American History, 88(3), 829-865. https://doi.org/10.2307/2700385
- Freeman, G. P. (1995). Modes of immigration politics in liberal democratic states. International migration review, 29(4), 881-902. https://doi.org/10.1177/019791839502900401
- Paasi, A. (1986). The institutionalization of regions: a theoretical framework for understanding the emergence of regions and the constitution of regional identity. Fennia-International Journal of Geography, 164(1), 105-146. https://doi.org/10.11143/9052
- Putnam, R. D., Leonardi, R., & Nanetti, R. Y. (1994). Making democracy work: Civic traditions in modern Italy. Princeton university press. https://doi.org/10.2307/j.ctt7s8r7