Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
DETERMINATION AND RESEARCH OF THE MENTAL HEALTH DYNAMICS AMONG TEACHERS OF HIGHER EDUCATION WITH DIFFERENT PLACES OF PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY
Corresponding Author(s) : Tetiana Perepeliuk
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 4 (2019): July
Purpose of the study: The article deals with the problem of teacher burnout of higher education institutions in the process of carrying out his professional activity. Over rapid pace of life and neglecting own needs, people often make people who, in addition to endless challenges and obsessive ideas, do everything quickly and thoroughly, leading to the emergence of a syndrome of emotional (professional) burnout.
Methodology: The data of this research particularly are Sharabi’s works published during 1980s as crucial period of his intellectual journey.
Results: The article reveals the results of an empirical study aimed at identifying the dependence of mental burnout on the length of professional experience. The research was conducted using questionnaire O. Rukavishnikov's "Definition of mental burnout" and questionnaires for specialists (author M. Kokun). The indexes of mental burnout among teachers with different pedagogical experiences are determined. It was found that the symptoms of mental burnout take place both at the beginning of and during the professional activity, and thus the tendency of reducing the tendency to mental burnout after 20 years of work in the specialty is traced. The high indicators of the professional motivation phase have been received, which may indicate higher expectations of teachers about the profession in general and the work in progress, in particular.
Applications of this study: This research can be used for the universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality of this study: The urgency of the choice of this problem is conditioned by the fact that frequent changes in the field of higher education in recent years have raised demands both on the professional competence of the teacher and on his personal component. Those or other forms of personally-professional deformations of the teacher reflected in his interaction with students and colleagues and may have a destructive tone in communication, attitude to the subject, assessment of their own results.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Bahremand, A. (2015). The concept of translation in different teaching approaches and methods. UCT Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 3(1), 5-9.
- Berezovska, L.I. (2015). Professional burnout of employees of modern educational organizations. Herald of Mukachevo State University, no1. 130-135. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/nvmdupp_2015_1_33
- Belyaeva, E.F. & Zubkova, L.M. (2010). Professional deformation of a teacher of higher education. Herald of scientific works of Kharkiv National University named after V. N. Karazin, no 24. Kharkiv. 25-32. Retrieved from https://periodicals.karazin.ua/pedagogy/issue/view/312
- Gnuskina, G.V. (2016). Psychological factors of professional burnout from entrepreneurs. Kiev.
- Dem’yanchuk, R.V. (2015). Psychological assistance to teachers with signs of emotional burnout: grounds and guidelines. Klinicheskaya i spetsialnaya psihologiya, no 4(4). 12-28. Retrieved from https://psyjournals.ru/. https://doi.org/10.17759/cpse.2015040402
- Dzuba, T.M. (2016). Professional health teacher: the risks of potential and devastating effects. Proceedings from All Ukrainian scientific practical conference: Achievements and prospects of the study of the phenomenon of health in modern psychological science. Vinnitsa: TOV Nilan-LTD. 66-72.
- Maksimenko, S.D., Karamushka, L.M., Zhaichikova, T.V. et al. (2004). The syndrome of "burnout" and the professional careers of educational institutions: gender aspects. Kiev: Milenium.
- Kenan, K. X. (2018). Seeing and the Ability to See: A Framework for Viewing Geometric Cube Problems. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 13(2), 57-60. https://doi.org/10.12973/iejme/2695
- Kovrovskiy, U.G. (2013). Factors of professional burnout of the personnel of the operational and rescue service of the Ministry of Emergencies of Ukraine. Herald of Institute of Psychology named after G.S. Kostiuk NAPS of Ukraine, no 37. 262-265.
- Koltunovich, T.A. (2016). Psychological conditions for the correction of professional burnout at the children's educational institutions. Ivano-Frankivsk.
- Kruzheva, T.V. (2014). Professional self-realization: a system of concepts. Actual problems of psychology. Herald of Institute of Psychology named after G.S. Kostiuk NAPS of Ukraine, no 14.
- Melnichenko, O.I. (2013). Psychological peculiarities of professional activity of teachers of higher educational institutions. 84-89. Retrieved from www.sworld.com.ua/konfer31/929.pdf
- Novikova, I. N., Popova, L. G., Shatilova, L. M., Biryukova, E. V., Guseva, A. E., & Khukhuni, G. T. (2018). Lexical and semantic representation of the linguistic and cultural concept “Rest” in the English, German, and Russian languages. Opción, 34(85-2), 237-256.
- Ovsyannikova, V.V. (2012). Features of the syndrome of burnout in the faculty of higher education. Problemi suchasnoi psihologii, no 1.113-118. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/pspz_2012_1_22
- Antoniou, A.S., Polychroni, F. & Vlachakis, A.N. (2006). Gender and age differences in occupational stress and professional burnout between primary and high-school teachers in Greece. Journal of Managerial Psychology, no 21 (7), 682-690. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940610690213
- Aouil, В., Leźnicka, M., Jachimowicz-Wołoszynek, D. & Zaremba, J. (2011). Narażenie na ryzyko wypalenia zawodowego a skłonność do zgłaszania się po pomoc psychologiczną. Hygeia Public Health, no 46(3), 339-354.
- Goddard, R. & Goddard, M. (2006). Beginning Teacher Burnout in Queensland Schools: Associations with Serious Intentions to Leave. Researcher, no 33 (2), 61-75. Retrieved from https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ766609.pdf. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03216834
- Orel, V.E. (2001). The phenomenon of "burnout" in foreign psychology: empirical research and prospects. Psikhologicheskiy zhurnal, no 1(22). 90-101.
- Zborovskaya, I.V. (2001). Self-regulation of mental stability of the teacher. Prikladnaya psikhologiya, no 6. 55-65.
- Practical psychodiagnostics. Methods and tests. (1998). Samara: Publishing House "Bakhrakh".
- Trunov, D.G. (1998). "Combustion Syndrome": a positive approach to the problem. Journal of practical psychologist, no8. 84-89.
- Formalyuk, T.V. (1994). The syndrome of "emotional combustion" as an indicator of professional teacher maladjustment. Voprosy psikhologii, no 6. 57-64.
- Gnezdilov, A.V. (2004). Psychology and psychotherapy of loss. St. Petersburg: Publishing House “Rech”.
- Boyko, V.V. (1996). Emotion energy in communication: a look at yourself and others. Moscow: Informats. Ed. House Owl.
- Iravani, M. R., Niknejadi, F., & Jahandoost, Z. (2015). The Relationship Between Age And Job Satisfaction Consultants Government Girls High School In Isfahan In 2012-2013 Academic Year. Health, 70(22.65), 24.
- Pak, S.N. (2016). The main aspects of the professional teacher burnout syndrome. Sovremennyye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, no 6.
- Mituzova, M.P. (2011). Burnout syndrome teachers. Moscow: "The First of September".
- Yanovskaya, N. (2009). Teacher emotional burnout. Narodnoye obrazovanie, no 2.
- Vodopyanova, N.E. (2009). Stress psychodiagnosis. St. Petersburg: Piter.
- Swartzer, K. (2018). The Causes of Teacher Burnout: What Everyone Needs to Know.
- Seidel, A. (2014). The teacher dropout crisis. NPR. Retrieved from http://www.npr.org/blogs/ed/2014/07/18/332343240/the-teacher-dropout-crisis?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
- Suleri, J., & Cavagnaro, E. (2016). Promoting pro-environmental printing behavior: The role of ICT barriers and sustainable values. International Journal of Education and Development using ICT, 12(2). https://doi.org/10.20897/lectito.201638
- Koç, Hakan & Dinçerol, Cem. (2013). A Study Professional and Job Burnout on Teachers.
- Alkhateeb1, O., Kraishan, O. M., & Salah, R. O. (2015, May 27). Level of psychological burnout of a sample of secondary phase teachers in Ma’an Governorate and its relationship with some other variables. International Education Studies, 8(6), 56-68. https://doi.org/10.5539/ies.v8n6p56
- American Institutes for Research (AIR). (2013). Most teachers "highly qualified" under NCLB standards, but teacher qualifications lag in many high poverty and high minority schools. Retrieved from http://www.air.org/reports-products/index.cfm?fa=viewContent&content_id=417
- Fujo, M. H., & Dida, M. A. (2019). Centralized Admission System for Advanced Level Private Schools: Case of Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania. Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 4(1). https://doi.org/10.29333/jisem/5743 Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (2014). Primary sources: America's teachers on teaching in an era of change: A project of Scholastic and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (3rd ed.). Retrieved from http://www.scholastic.com/primarysources/download-the-full-report.htm